AR is a supplemental reading program designed to motivate students to read as well as test their comprehension.
There are three basic steps to this program:
1) Students take a readability test (STAR) to determine their appropriate reading level.
2) Students read books at their level.
3) Students take the computerized quiz, which is accessible from any computer in the building, to assess comprehension.
A performance report is immediately printed.
Understanding AR Symbols-Do your children come home speaking about being flowers and squares? Or maybe it’s fish and circles? If you don’t have a clue as to what they are talking about, we are here to let you know that they are referring to their AR reading level. For your convenience, we have created a list of the symbols so you can converse with your children about their accomplishments! Understanding AR Symbols Chart
For an up-to-date record of your child’s progress with AR, please access the Home Connect feature. Consult your child for correct login and password information.
To locate a complete listing of quizzes available, please go to: AR Book Find
- Although students may take any of these quizzes, Bristol School may not have the book/s in its library.
- Please check directly with the Destiny Program for all of the books in the Bristol School Library. Search the Library